Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Wear My Sunglasses at Night...

 If you previously followed I Live For It, you might have noticed my insane obsession with eyewear. I can never get enough. I treat my sunglasses as a key part of each outfit I wear. Let's just say I really never wear the same pair two days in a row. Ha! I have drawers full of sunglasses and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon! I used to collect Madame Alexander dolls as a kid... now I collect sunglasses. Hey, it could be worse, right? At least I'm not hoarding Hermes bags! ;) Check me out below wearing some of my favorite pairs. XO, Liza

Chanel Round Half Tint Sunglasses- Probably my all time favorite pair. I've debated selling these, as I have seen them on e-bay going for a grand, but I don't think I could go through with it! They are too amazing. You may have seen them on Nicole Richie or the Olsen twins.
Vintage YSL Sunglasses- Got these on e-bay for practically nothing! They are a bit Elton John esque, no? Hahaha! I do adore them though. I mostly wear them during the summer. They look perfect with a little sundress or my Grey Ant High Waisted Shorts and a unitard.
Anglo American Heart Sunglasses- Every girl should own a pair of heart shaped sunglasses in my opinion. They really spruce up an outfit, especially in bright red. 
Vintage Christian Dior Sunglasses- I actually found this gem of a pair at Barney's! They sell a line there called Retro Sun (http://www.retrosun.co.uk/) that consists of glasses from the 70's and 80's. Right up my alley! I've only had these for a few years, but I have honestly worn them to death. They look amazing with anything.
Karen Walker Jonestown Sunglasses- Karen Walker truly makes some of the best sunglasses out there. She has a TON of different designs, so it really makes it hard to choose, especially this season! The glasses are spectacular.
Illesteva Leonard Snake Acetate Sunglasses- Looooving Illesteva sunglasses at the moment. Not only are they reasonable compared to the typical pair of pricey designer glasses, but they are beyond chic! I am coveting at least two more pairs from the line.
Grey Ant Status Sunglasses- These sunglasses are almost a take on the Ray Ban Wayfarer, but times four! I don't wear these ones that often, but when I do, people are always complimenting me on the massive frames.
Vintage Ted Lapidus Sunglasses- Ahh Ted Lapidus... how I love you. The French fashion designer from the 1970's was known as the first to put military style shoulder straps on womens and mens clothing. Lapidus was also known for his whimsical massive sized sunglasses, which I guess you can say I am obsessed with. I have a tortoise pair as well, but the red ones are my fave. You can usually find Ted glasses on e-bay and other vintage sites.
Marc Jacobs Aviator Sunglasses- Probably one of my first pairs of nice sunglasses. These are great for lounging by the pool or beach, as I am doing right that in the picture!
Linda Farrow Vintage Sunglasses- I picked up these cat eye frames at Creatures of Comfort years ago. Who knew cat eye sunglasses would be the rage several seasons later? ;)

31 comments:

  1. Hey liza! Thanks for commenting and following my blog :))
    Im addiiiiicted to glasses too, like really! Hahha those chanel ones are to die for! Cant believe they dont sell them anymore, such a shame, ive looked for them everywhere :( love the 6th one too !
    Following you now too,

    Xx,
    daringfactory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your red vintage ones, Liza!!! Looks fab. Congrats on the new blog! Excited to follow along XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liza! I love your sunglasses collection! I adore sunnies too but I have a hard time finding ones that suit my face shape..:|

    Anyway, good luck on your new blog! Now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Chanel shades. I really want them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your sunglasses! and your jewelry too!

    thank you for following me. i am now following on your new blog :)

    xoxo,
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweet, saw your comment on my blog.. thanks soo much!! your cat hat is amazing i need one too.. your pictures are so cute..
    ps. Don't sale your glasses darling!!!!!!!!
    I am now following on your new blog too...
    x milla

    ReplyDelete
  7. your sunglasses are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love those Chanel shades, I was going to get them, went to Chanel all excited only to find I they made me look ridiculous :-( I have an awkward face, you so lucky you suit ALL sunnies, I will have to live through you and stick to my raybans x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the grey ant status sunglasses! The heart ones are also really cute, my friend Bella has those, I've always been jealous.
    They are all really cute though, you are quite the collector!!!
    I have 4 pairs of deadstock Marchon Marcolin sunglasses, 2 of which are listed here: http://littlebitvintage.goodsie.com/accessories if you are interested in seeing the other 2, let me know!
    nikki

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for following, dear!
    loving your blog & especially the picture with that cute little puppy in this post!
    xxx love

    http://pulcinellata.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifull collection of sunglasses

    glamfashionistafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummmm I basically love every single pair you have and I'm so jealous!
    Love & Labels

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sunglasses.
    I live in my sunglasses during the summer, I should really buy a second pair.
    But I find buying sunglasses very difficult for myself. I never know if they look good on me or not.

    Xx
    Emma
    http://insideherimagination.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pair in the first pic and the red ones with the gold detailing! I so agree..fashion over groceries!

    xo,
    Cortnie
    http://stylelustpages.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow girl youve got so many fun pairs of sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an adorable dog, and fantastic glasses!

    http://www.fashionhacks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am obsessing over your Chanel sunglasses. And your style, Liza!

    I saw that you're new to IFB, so I just wanted to say welcome! You are going to love it...it is such a wonderful community of passionate fashion bloggers. Your blog is great! I hope you will drop in and say hello on mine, comment and follow if you like! I hope so :) If you ever need help with the site, don't hesitate to ask. I would love to help! Stay in touch. Talk soon!

    xo,

    Jenna

    http://sevenstylenotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey girl!!! absolutely love this post. and the name of your blog is so cute. hehee
    thanks for stopping by :) will follow

    http://dressedyet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog, especially the name. It totally applies to my life.
    You have a new follower.

    http://talkstyletome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the comment - I'm following you on Bloglovin! I'm totally envious of your collection, it's something i definitely need to work on :)

    http://theadornedprecedent.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the comment Liza. I am following you now as well. I love the name of your blog and the chanel round half tint glasses are my fave. I have always loved those sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for following me..
    Love your blog.. And your glasses collection..

    keep in touch..

    kisss
    NoRa

    http://noraliaayu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Karen Walkers too! Thanks for the comment and follow. xo
    http://dressmeup-dressmedown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love sunglasses, and yours are all lovely! but I do love the red ones best! Cute blog!
    I'm now following you!

    Janel
    www.afooforfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I dont know what I will do if I come over to your place and start playing with all of your shades...LOL...I am sure some will be missing. Love the very first pair. You look fabulous in all of your pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's obvious that you love sunglasses! Love most of them!!
    Thanks for following! Follow you back!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello- sweet fashionable girl ;)
    nice to meet you again XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  28. your collection is awesome!I love them all!great post,kisses

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Woow!!! I guess I love them all... I don´t have as much as you do but I confess my addiction ....

    Im following your cool blog dear :)
    amintasfashion

    ReplyDelete
  30. Excellent collection of sunglasses. I like these sunglasses. Thanks for sharing.
    Aviator Sunglasses

    ReplyDelete